Sunday 29 November 2009

Walking On Water And Other Tricks


Well what can I say about the last few days ... Yesterday I went to the vets for my 2nd jab but because I have been so poorly with my tummy I wasn't able to have it. The vet said that I don't behave poorly and my temperature is fine but I must have some stuff for my tummy and see how I go ... jeez, I have been 'going' and now need to stop. The vet wasn't very happy that mum had ordered the medicine online as advised by my old mum. Mum wasn't very happy either but managed to keep her mouth shut until we got in the car and then said she didn't like that vet at all and he always looked drunk and doesn't speak coherently ... hmm, I think I prefer mums proper vet as well. He said a word mum understood last week and she replied that I didn't have any and they both laughed. So until my tummy gets better my life out on the streets is delayed and I am doing so well on the lead as well, what a blow.

Today I have mastered a number of tricks ... Firstly this morning I was doing well with my 'come' command when my mum forgot that sometimes I do manage to run in a straight line, and in between me and my mum was the pond. I managed to 'skim' the top and float until mum stopped laughing and picked me out. So I had a nice warm bath and snuggled up with a hot water bottle and jumper. This afternoon I worked out that my food is kept in a container on the side, the smell in the air when I do my regal nose look is just too much, so I now can walk on my back legs for a few seconds either backwards or forwards in the hope that one of these days I could be big enough to reach up to that container .... then mum put it in a cupboard ... another blow.

One trick I am back on with and one mum had hoped I would literally grow out of is getting through the stair gate into the lounge. In my first week I could do it easy as pie, early last week I had to admit defeat but today, due to my weight loss, lovely long legs and growing into my feet shape, I am back into the space .... Mum says she needs a bit of what I've got ...

No comments:

Post a Comment